Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hi there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I don't really know what I'm getting into, technology puzzles me continually. In fact, I have yet to set up my webcam...stay tuned for that!

I wasn't sure about starting a blog. It just seemed like something no one would really want to read. But that is of course, your choice. To read, or not to read..your choice! I had one crazy year,  2010!  And as I get older (I'll turn 40 this year!) I am changing in a lot of ways! One thing I have been working on is not being concerned about others' judgements of me. God has really shown me His grace this year. We are ALL sinners, and God gives us His grace, so we can pass it on to others.

Andrew (my wonderful, loving, forgiving, patient, husband) and I are in a season of life that is full of adventure! Well, adventure is probably stretching it! Our kids, Nick-13, Daniel-11, Matthew-8, and Anne-6, keep us pretty busy! (First understatement of the year!) We homeschool, so they are always around :) Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way. Andrew works full time at a hospital, in the IS department. (He works with computers...that's the jist of it!) I work part time, from home mostly, for a telephone triage service, as a nurse. We are actively involved in our church, scouts, ballet, soccer, and anything else that might come up! (Poor un-socialized homeschoolers! But that's a topic for another day!) For the last 4 months, we have had about 2 evenings a month that were not busy with something, work, meetings, scouts, practice, play, ballet, Bible Study Fellowship, etc etc etc. But in spite of all this, I think it's the best season of our lives. Somehow, when there isn't much time for yourself, you start to see that it's not all about yourself. And I have found that as I seek God's will and daily direction for my life, things fall into place. Suddenly, by looking up, I stopped looking at my own belly button (figuratively speaking :) )

Anyway, when people ask me, "How do you do IT?" (IT being life, I guess, 4 kids, work, church, homeschooling...) my only truthful response can be, "By the grace of God!" There is nothing in me, without Him, that can do this. Praise God for his faithfulness!

So, I thought I'd start a blog! (Because I had a lot of free time :D) What's it going to be about? Whatever! Random stuff! Random thoughts! Stay tuned!!

Thanks for joining me!

Living by God's grace,
Danielle <><

1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful and so amazing! We can't wait to read more from you.. -CS :)

    ReplyDelete